Administrator: Kathy Hayes
Address: 301 Water St., Prattville, AL 36067
Sponsoring Church: St. Francis Ministries
New Hope Academy covers all counties in Alabama. We offer diplomas, graduation ceremony, and transcripts, as well as phone support for help with curriculum. We are a “hands-off” cover school who believes that parents know their children’s educational needs best. We keep files for all families and provide driver’s permit forms and other forms as needed. We work hard to make your family’s homeschooling experience a positive and fulfilling one with all of the support that you need.
The mission of New Hope Academy Cover School is to support homeschooling families in Alabama by making the process of homeschooling uncomplicated, rewarding and cost effective. We offer support from the very first day, yet allow parents to make the decisions regarding their child’s education throughout the homeschool journey.
- $35 fee per year per child. There is a family cap of $105, regardless of number of children being covered.
- Grades MUST be sent in each semester for high schoolers (grades 9 – 12). Grades are not required to be sent in for K-8, but parents are encouraged to keep grades on file at home. Also, we keep files for each family, so K-8 parents may send in grades if they’d like to.
- Paperwork must be filled out completely and addresses verified each year.
- We require a working email to be on file for each family.
- Yearly attendance forms sent by email.
- We take care of filing all of the paperwork with your local board of education.
- Transcripts and report cards ($10 one-time fee)
- Dual Enrollment classes with several Alabama colleges
- Graduation ceremony
- Phone support for help with choosing curriculum
- Driver’s License forms
- All paperwork by email, including grades, attendance, enrollment forms, etc…
- Annual Cover School Fee: $35 yearly fee for one child — there is a family cap of $105 regardless of number of children in the family.
- Transcript Fee: $10 one-time fee
- Report Card: $10 one-time fee
- Diploma: $45
- Graduation: $100 (includes diploma, cap, gown, tassel, ceremony and reception)
- Diploma, Cap, Gown, Tassel (no ceremony): $70
- Statement of Faith: NOT required.
- HSLDA: NOT required.
This information last verified 04/19/21.