Administrator: Laura Brown McKenzie
Address: PO Box 603 Springville, AL 35146
Sponsoring Church: Saint Junia United Methodist Church
Asbury Academy is based out of Birmingham, Alabama. We are an inclusive homeschool cover and welcome members from across the state. We were founded in 1995 as East Lake United Methodist Academy and changed our name to Asbury Academy in 2002.
Asbury Academy was formed to enable parents to take responsibility for their children’s academic, emotional and moral growth through teaching at home. We believe in the family and in its ability as an institution to instruct children in the most positive and loving environment possible. Our purpose is to help you, as parents, by supporting you in this endeavor.. We will strive to help you by offering informative faculty meetings, as well as social and educational events for the children.
- An adult supervising the child must be present with that child during school hours.
- We require monthly progress reports and attendance.
- We require attendance at a meeting or event 4 times per school year.
- We require an end of year report, grades optional, with attendance reported.
- We keep transcripts for each child as well as progress reports and attendance.
- At our meetings, we offer curriculum critiques as well as methods and materials advice for all grades, all subjects. Each meeting is devoted to a specific subject and some meetings also offer the chance for the students to display their projects.
- Our administrator is a former K-12 certified teacher with previous certification in math, science, history, English, and special education. She is also a homeschooling mom of 29 years. She is glad to be of help and answer questions outside of the faculty meetings.
- We have a graduation each year.
- We offer guidance for college applications at each meeting.
- $100 deposit, fully refunded after 12 months if all progress reports, tuition, and end of year report are submitted by parents.
- $35 application and administration fee. This is a one time fee.
- $30 monthly for each family.
- Statement of Faith: NOT required.
- HSLDA: NOT required.
This information last verified 04/23/21.